Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

BrianC5 posted:

I noticed all the C5's on eBay in the UK mention "local collect", assuming that means they aren't willing to ship. Does anyone know a rough estimate for shipping one to the USA assuming anyone is ever willing to do this?
posted on: 24/08/2015 21:52:08

Dan posted:

A couple of members have had a C5 shipped to the USA, I don't know myself, but you could ask Jeffremiller on this post: http://www.c5owners.com/sinclair-c5-forum/yaf_postst241_My-next-obsession--Sinclair-C5-in-Tulsa-Oklahoma.aspx
posted on: 25/08/2015 17:51:56

BrianC5 posted:

Thanks Dan. It looks like some members are willing to be go betweens and have things shipped to them and relay it if a seller isn't comfortable shipping to the USA. Very nice group of owners here. There's a guy near me selling a C5 for 540 pounds with no battery and no keys, and no idea if it works. Seems a bit high. I've been negotiating with him to see if I can get a better deal.
posted on: 25/08/2015 18:05:28

PhasMan posted:

Hi Brian

I'm new to C5's but have a second one on its way to me soon.
I'm not sure how complete so will advise when I get it.
If you haven't had any luck by then I'll see if I can help out and find out about shipping.

Kieron
posted on: 26/08/2015 00:48:16

BrianC5 posted:

Thanks Kieron. I know shipping to USA won't be cheap but the C5's available over here are few and far between.
posted on: 26/08/2015 00:57:05

BrianC5 posted:

I used this site, www.shipgooder.com ,to get a rough estimate of shipping costs from USA to UK or vice versa. Based on weight in lbs and dimensions, it's quoting Fed ex International Economy 3 to 5 days at 360 pounds. $552 dollars. Seems steep but there may be some alternative I have not come across yet where shipping time wouldn't need to be that fast and the price would be more competitive.
posted on: 01/09/2015 16:05:40

Karl posted:

Hi Brian,

try DHL, but check the prices in the UK and not in the US. An example of quirks, a ticket London-Munich-London is cheaper than a Munich-London-Munich ticket.
posted on: 01/09/2015 17:20:28

BrianC5 posted:

Will do. Thanks Karl. I'm trying to get a C5 without having to have it shipped to the USA from The UK. Not easy as they only come up on eBay over here about twice a year.
posted on: 01/09/2015 17:23:15

BrianC5 posted:

After some more research, it appears shipping costs to USA/Canada will run someone about $1000 to $1250. I checked with a couple of owners that were able to give me quotes based on what they paid. Andrew Grantham in Canada used www.gloucesterfreight.com and said they did a great job packing and shipping his C5.
posted on: 15/09/2015 19:23:06