Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

ad.328isport posted:

One of the C5's I have runs well and came with a 12v 063 battery fitted, I'm looking at running 2 X 063's in series to give me a bit more range / run time. Is this fairy straight forward and does anyone have any tips /do's or don't with this modification? Any advice appreciated. Cheers Ad
posted on: 16/07/2013 16:50:31

Dan posted:

One of the C5's I have runs well and came with a 12v 063 battery fitted, I'm looking at running 2 X 063's in series to give me a bit more range / run time. Is this fairy straight forward and does anyone have any tips /do's or don't with this modification? Any advice appreciated. Cheers Ad

Hi Ad,

Ah yes batteries, the first question is does it use the original C5 keyswitch that sits on top of the battery?

If it does it may be better to get a safety power wiring kit from Chas (he sells them on ebay) you could then easily modify it to have 2 batteries in parallel by getting a pair of extra battery clamps/70 amp cable from ebay.

Having batteries in series (to give you 24v) is a no no with the standard C5 electrics, for 24V you need to think about using a 24v controller like the uni-8 which gives you a higher top speed.

Thanks!

Dan
posted on: 16/07/2013 17:15:09

ad.328isport posted:

Ah right, I meant in parallel then, it does already have the safety wiring fitted on the single battery it's got
posted on: 16/07/2013 17:38:13

Dan posted:

[quote=ad.328isport;720]Ah right, I meant in parallel then, it does already have the safety wiring fitted on the single battery it's got [/quote]

Ah okay, then yeah just connect the two batteries using a new set of clamps/cable and everything will be okay, its only if you're using the keyswitch assembly does it get a bit more involved.
posted on: 16/07/2013 18:25:55

Jonatan posted:

Yeah, did that too on my C5.
posted on: 11/12/2013 23:31:03