Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

PhasMan posted:

After a long delay in transporting my C5's (broken wrist halted proceedings) I finally took delivery of my C5's.

The silver one - my profile pic - was supposed to be in show condition.
Instead it's tatty with scratches and cosmetic damage. Has been stored in a filthy shed unused since the pic what taken.
I am very very disappointed. Good job I didn't pay show condition price.

The black one was described as spares/repairs so I have enough to use as a 2nd project as long as the parts in the box are good.

All in all I'm disappointed - but at least I will have to learn a lot about renovating which is a good skill to learn.

So - first job on the silver one is fix lights, mirrors etc and take it for a drive.

posted on: 17/09/2015 10:07:00

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Looks like you have some work ahead of you
All the best Chas
If you need any help just ask any time PS I have just started a restoration my self on a 8 speed hub
posted on: 17/09/2015 10:16:47

PhasMan posted:

After a lot of messing around it looks like there is a lot more work to do than I first thought.
I think the electrics are dodgy and the gears or drive cog needs attention as the motor just makes a sound like slipping cogs.
Peddles and chain etc seems ok.
Brakes working but needs improving.
Battery cover key mechanism stiff and doesn't always hold.

Gonna take me quite a long time now the winters approaching with no garage or workshop.

All of a sudden my thoughts are wondering if someone could fix/service for me lol
posted on: 23/09/2015 12:06:28

Karl posted:

Hi,

I don't know if he has time at the moment, bur Chas is the man to contact.
posted on: 24/09/2015 06:55:31