Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

ranma_simon posted:

Hi to all there.

Since 1985 I was fascinating to the new product of Clive Sinclair.

But really I never thought that can become a so fantastic and incredibile BIG vintage PIECE OF MODERN ART!!!

I love it!!!

So...I'm a preserver of QL stuff...and now I want my C5 ^_^

Here I see that are all so friendly and there is someone that make restoration and upgrades for better C5 performance wow!!!

I love it.

Hope to get in touch in one very soon.

Best regards.
posted on: 31/08/2015 18:19:13

Karl posted:

Hi Simon,

welcome to the forum, nice to see the international interest in the C5.

Take care and look before you leap.

Cheers.

Karl.
posted on: 31/08/2015 19:21:32

ranma_simon posted:

Hi Simon,

welcome to the forum, nice to see the international interest in the C5.

Take care and look before you leap.

Cheers.

Karl.

Thanks Karl ^_^

I don't know If I can use it for real in Italy: I hope so in some Cyclable way ^_^
posted on: 31/08/2015 19:29:30

Karl posted:

Hi Simon,

don't forget that cycle paths also have regulations. Otherwise you could say "well officer, I don't need to register my Ferarri as I'm only using it on cycle paths".

I have four C5s, but only one running, and one stripped (brand new, out of the box) for a pedelec conversion and other modifications.. The other two will be converted to pedelec, then sold.

Have fun.

Karl.
posted on: 01/09/2015 18:03:35

ranma_simon posted:

Hi Simon,

don't forget that cycle paths also have regulations. Otherwise you could say "well officer, I don't need to register my Ferarri as I'm only using it on cycle paths".

I have four C5s, but only one running, and one stripped (brand new, out of the box) for a pedelec conversion and other modifications.. The other two will be converted to pedelec, then sold.

Have fun.

Karl.

Well I'm interested in the brend new (out of the box).

My idea it will really be not to use it on the road but have it as Clive have concepted: original, in all parts, with all accessories and a new/working battery.

I will use for "modern art object" in my "taverna" where are all my Sinclair's computers (all MINT) but I would like to use it also in my private road of my home and test is as electric too.

So really no one think that I really use it to drive at my office or on a Cycle Paths, also If In Italy are not so rigid and...there are a lot of electric vehicle for disable people that are really on the road ;)

Can you send me some pic of your C5?
posted on: 01/09/2015 19:35:21

Doc Holliday posted:

Welcome
Doc
posted on: 02/09/2015 13:16:00

Dan posted:

Hi and Welcome! Good luck in your search for a C5
posted on: 02/09/2015 20:00:35

BrianC5 posted:

Welcome Simon, I'm looking for a C5 also so good luck with your search. Quick question for Karl, when you say converted to "pedelec" is this different than how it came?
posted on: 02/09/2015 21:58:21

dave posted:

Hi and welcome I've one
posted on: 03/09/2015 16:30:21

ranma_simon posted:

Hi and welcome I've one

Intersting ;)
posted on: 03/09/2015 18:17:46

Doc Holliday posted:

@ BrianC5,
as to answer instead of Karl:
here in Germany the law say´s that you have to pedal if you want electric assistance for your drive (pedelec-mode)! If you just press a switch and the motor works without pedaling you need to register and an insurance for this "motorvehicle" if it´s faster than (i think) 6 KMH (3.728227153424 mph / Pedestrianspeed)!
On a C5 you just have to press the switch to go but than is illegal in Germany #-o
I ride my C5 without "Pedelec-mode" - it´s a small Town, i know most of the cop´s and they know i didnt do stupid things. I stay at original 12 V - so it´s the speed of an bicycle and that O.K. for them !
It´s a bit tricky here , . . .

Just have fun
Doc
posted on: 04/09/2015 22:49:24

BrianC5 posted:

Interesting information Doc. Wow Germany is strict. So if it's over 6 omg but if you are on the Autobahn floor it!
posted on: 04/09/2015 22:58:07

Doc Holliday posted:

Hi Brian,
on the Autobahn - if it´s free theres NO limit !
As I say - a bit crazy here , . . .
Often over-regulated
but if you have the money - no limit - the fastest i go for was 250 kmh (155.34279805933 mph) with my BMW 7 (it was electronically limited at that speed) but if you have a car without this - just go as fast as you want [-o<

and survive
Doc
posted on: 04/09/2015 23:11:36

ranma_simon posted:

@ BrianC5,
as to answer instead of Karl:
here in Germany the law say´s that you have to pedal if you want electric assistance for your drive (pedelec-mode)! If you just press a switch and the motor works without pedaling you need to register and an insurance for this "motorvehicle" if it´s faster than (i think) 6 KMH (3.728227153424 mph / Pedestrianspeed)!
On a C5 you just have to press the switch to go but than is illegal in Germany #-o
I ride my C5 without "Pedelec-mode" - it´s a small Town, i know most of the cop´s and they know i didnt do stupid things. I stay at original 12 V - so it´s the speed of an bicycle and that O.K. for them !
It´s a bit tricky here , . . .

Just have fun
Doc

In Italy the Law tells that we don't need to go more than 25km/h (Like eletric bicicycles or handicap seat down motorized that goes on the road).

So we are ok.

But when I can find one (If someone have one to sell please contact me) I will use in my small town too...no worries about that.

And this town (5.000 people) have all cycling way...from here to the city (50.000 people).

So I hope to find one soon ;)

Best regards to all!!!
posted on: 05/09/2015 09:47:35