Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

BrianC5 posted:

I've searched and can't find any information on replacement or original key blanks for the C5. I noticed there are some C5s for sale with no keys. I know it is probably possible to have a key made, but has anyone determined a number/ type of key that works or been able to replicate the black Sinclair rubber logo part of the key?
posted on: 31/08/2015 01:52:35

Dan posted:

I think most of us just use a filing cabinet lock if there isnt a key. I imagine you could 3D print the black rubber part if you had a decent high definition 3d printer.
posted on: 02/09/2015 19:59:34

BrianC5 posted:

I had thought about doing that. I have access to some high tech 3d printers at the University I graduated from up the road from me. I know a lot of owners probably don't use their keys much if it all, but thought that might be an easy project to tackle if any owners ever wanted a replacement set of keys.
posted on: 02/09/2015 20:03:31

dave posted:

Print some mirrors
posted on: 05/09/2015 10:15:33

Dan posted:

[quote=dave;6023]Print some mirrors [/quote] Its designing them that the problem rather than printing them Dave
posted on: 05/09/2015 10:40:41