So this morning a couple of jiffy bags arrived in the post which can only mean one thing....... eBay goodies!!!!
So I set to work installing the new side stripes to replace the worn scuffed and generally tatty old ones.
I took the old ones off with the aid of a hot air gun and razor blade then cleaned up the sides with brake cleaner and a rag before applying the new strips.
Second job of the day was to install the LED voltmeter.
My old set up consisted of a massive analogue voltmeter a 12v socket robbed from a scrap car, an old pod back off a dead pod and some 18mm scrap mdf.
I decided to neaten up the dash so sawn off the triangular bottom piece that housed the 12v outlet and voltmeter and cut it flush with the pod back, then with a bit of marking out drilling and cutting with a hacksaw blade and a razor blade I made a new home for the LED meter a bit of soldering and heat shrinking saw it installed and working.
DAVE: Yes thats me who does the vac forming never actually got hold of any mirrors to copy so that fell on its ass! A pod should be easy enough.
Bob is a little wooden trailer on pram wheels I'd love a half c5 trailer but cant seam to get hold of a suitable shell to hack up.
I'm up for a blast but maybe not down the M62!
posted on: 29/06/2013 18:30:05