Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

Dan posted:

For anyone who wants to BETA test the nylon 3D printed gearbox cogs, they can be ordered directly from Shapeways (based in The Netherlands) for €4.95 each: https://www.shapeways.com/p…/RE3TY4FAQ/sinclair-c5-small-cog.

Shapeways will print the cog in strong nylon plastic using industrial quality (laser sintering) 3D printers. I have a set in my gearbox and they work great and are very strong.

Myself/c5owners.com is not making any money out of these, the cost above is for Shapeways to print them.

I'll be putting a couple of sets on the forum in the coming weeks FOC for members to test as well.

Remember, this is a BETA test, so any feedback good or bad please post here or on the forum.

posted on: 07/05/2015 19:27:04

evad1st posted:

Just received them :-) I'll will reply again with my experiences.
posted on: 21/09/2015 16:11:53

Dan posted:

Great stuff, will be interesting to see how you go.
posted on: 21/09/2015 17:21:16

evad1st posted:

Still going strong! However only did 50 KM with them though :-)
posted on: 31/01/2016 21:24:36

Cjsutcliffe posted:

Dan I want to try printing the gears in Titanium. If you want a set send me some cad and I'll rustle you up a set.
Chris
posted on: 20/02/2016 13:34:19