Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

rusala posted:

Hello everyone!

Some time ago I saw C5 on EEV blog (guy from Australia) and immediately I fell in love . But finding one proved to be quite difficult especially I was in China at that time. Eventually I've bought one from UK ebay and organized transport to Poland just like for a normal car. It was a logistic nightmare for countless reasons such as time difference (still in China back then), dishonest shipping companies, the company that I've bought C5 from was in the middle of changing their premises and I was not there to receive the shipment in Poland. This whole operation was not cheap at all but in the end I've become most likely the only owner of Sinclair C5 in Poland (at least I don't know any one else owning one).

Two of my friends are fascinated with electric vehicles and I'm catching up ;-) We all are electronics engineers and these guys have also studied mechanics so some modifications are more than likely .
posted on: 04/02/2015 18:51:35

Karl posted:

Hi,

you should have had a word with Chas, as he has contacts in Poland, he could have sorted things out for you. Maybe even supplying one to any of your friends.

Do you have any photos of your C5, it's always nice to see other peoples pets.

And what ever happens keep us in touch concerning any mods that you may make. Are you proposing to convert the C5 to the EU pedelec standard?

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Karl.
posted on: 04/02/2015 19:14:44

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi there welcome to the forum where abouts in. Poland do you come from
Any where near Augustow
Bye Chas
posted on: 04/02/2015 19:17:18

rusala posted:

you should have had a word with Chas, as he has contacts in Poland, he could have sorted things out for you. Maybe even supplying one to any of your friends.
Oh well, too late now But if anyone is willing to purchase one I'll remember that

Do you have any photos of your C5, it's always nice to see other peoples pets.
I do not have photos right now but here is a video from first test after fitting new tires and temporary battery (not a high quality video for sure hehe): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbZPwoV4VYQ

And what ever happens keep us in touch concerning any mods that you may make.
Will do, I always like to share on forums whatever I do to my vehicles

Are you proposing to convert the C5 to the EU pedelec standard?
Don't think so, and to be honest for me it's already almost compliant with that standard at least as far authorities are concerned The current plan is to increase the power significantly. C5 may be also used as a sort of test machine for a bit unconventional idea of using a certain motor types. However I will try to keep as much of the original construction as I can especially regarding the body shell. Hopefully we will have something interesting to show on an Electric Vehicle Gathering in May in Żyrardów
[img=http://images.photo.bikestats.eu/zdjecie,600,94693,20100419,zyrardow-tor-kolarski.jpg]Żyrardów cycling track[/img]

Poland do you come from Any where near Augustow
Bye Chas
Sorry, not really. I live in Wrocław which is about 600km away from Augustów which by the way is usually far from everything

posted on: 04/02/2015 20:27:37

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi thanks for the reply it's just that my Dad and my wife comes from Augustow
If you need any help just ask in the mean time you could look at my videos on YouTube . JORDAN8ISH

Bye Chas
posted on: 04/02/2015 21:28:27

rusala posted:

Nice videos If you're bored and have spare 31 seconds you can watch my friend DIY e-bike in action (one of his e-bikes to be exact): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6sG7kV8BKA
posted on: 04/02/2015 22:21:42

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi there great hope to see more in daylight
Bye Chas
posted on: 05/02/2015 12:50:15

Area51 posted:

Good vid the ebike looks fast lol
posted on: 05/02/2015 17:57:18