Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

Whathaveidone posted:

Evening everyone!

I've wanted a C5 for quite a while, there's just something geeky techy attractive about it!

I've just bought a pile of bits though from Ebay and I'll attempt my own interpretation of a restoration. Seems like a lot missing in the pictures but I'll know for sure when I pick it all up!

So I'm apologising in advance for the stupid and amateur questions!
posted on: 21/01/2015 21:20:04

dadandjames posted:

Good luck with it. You will probably end uo spending the same again.
Lots of help in this forum if you look for it.
Welcome to this crazy world.
Ta
Martin
posted on: 21/01/2015 23:16:03

dave posted:

Any pics ?
posted on: 25/01/2015 10:40:00

Whathaveidone posted:

Thanks both! No decent photos yet but only picked it up tonight. It's now carefully "hidden" in the garage until I pluck up the courage to tell the wife....

Started off by using some cream cleaner though on the plastics and they've come up a treat! It's had quite a life outside by all accounts.

Is there any owners database at all that anyone's aware of? The previous owner thinks mine was an ex museum offering and he was the only official owner so I'd love to find out any model history?

Looks to be complete ish but sadly no front light, none on EBay at present....anyone have an old spare?

Thanks all!
posted on: 26/01/2015 22:15:11

Karl posted:

Hi,

front lamp on offer in ebay at the moment, buy now price £39.99.
posted on: 28/01/2015 12:10:30

Whathaveidone posted:

Thanks Karl, well spotted! Fingers crossed I'll be one lamp off my huge checklist very soon!
posted on: 29/01/2015 21:35:26