Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

mr-c5 posted:

Hi!
Just joined having acquired a pair of C5's locally. Neither run on battery as yet, they have keysets but no battery covers or batteries but I was given an 12v 24ah battery last night which I'll prob use to test them with at least. I've had them pedaling up and down and both seem in good condition and don't appear to have been heavily used but were sat unused for many a year unused.

I've a 7 year old lad who is really keen to ride but can't reach the pedals fully and a 3 year old girl who will just have to wait a while until she had grown some lol. In the meantime I guess I'll have to use them haha. I've read that some peeps make leads up with safety in mind so reversing polarity risk doesn't damage the pod, I'd like to make some with my lad so he can say he's done it but might give in and buy one if I get a leisure battery.

Found myself reading posts about 24v, different controllers and accelerators and new displays but think that will have to wait for now,,,

Regards
Mark
posted on: 13/01/2015 23:43:48

Area51 posted:

It's just the beginning
posted on: 14/01/2015 17:58:54

Dan posted:

Hi and welcome to the website. Sounds like you got the C5's at just the right time. Enjoy the C5's
posted on: 14/01/2015 21:15:00