Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

semach.the.monkey posted:

Hi guys,

Remember me from about 8 months ago? Well, I bought a basket case of a C5 and rebuilt it up to 'pedal cart' level. Finally got around to writing up the blog on it;

http://www.sowen.com/605/c5-its-alive/

This summers project will be to get some kind of motor in to it :D

STM
posted on: 17/04/2014 21:55:13

Dan posted:

Welcome back Great article, looking forward to the next phase with you getting the electrics in there
posted on: 18/04/2014 08:36:05

WisdomWarlord posted:

That's a good looking build. Here's something for you to consider. When I decided to but a motor on my trike, I hit Craigslist, where I found an iZip i500 scooter that needed batteries. I paid $40 USD for a compete working scooter. I have to buy a charger for $30, and $100 for batteries. So for less that $200 I have everything needed to electrify my trike. To buy everything I got for $40 new, in kit form from Currie Enterprises, it'll cost me $400. I don't know what used marketplaces are available to you, but I see good scooters with bad batteries for sale all the time for simular prices.
posted on: 27/04/2014 14:05:02