Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

Poze posted:

Hello Dan/all

Just an idea for the Shop.

Front Raleigh redline Chopper tyres are the exact same size and pretty much tread pattern as the original C5 tyres. They are both grooved in the same direction and exactly the same size/spec ( i just checked mine).

So why dont we list these in the Shop as these tyres are easy to buy and would be great? The only small downer is that they have a thin red line round the tyre, but maybe this could be black markered over/sanded Or just left as its minor and the red line does looks good/retro.

I think that with the recent issues of finding rear tyres of the right profile, these could be great. Smaller tyres I notice do affect top speed (we recenly raced one with modern lower profile tyres).

(ignore if this has already been mentioned / added online :) ).

cheers, Poze
posted on: 15/04/2014 22:26:23

Dan posted:

Thanks for the suggestion Poze  We did have these listed in the shop a while ago but we lost the link so had to remove it. I've added it back in now with a link to some on ebay at £6.99. If anyone finds any that are cheaper let us know
posted on: 17/04/2014 07:30:12

dave posted:

got some on mine they are ok
posted on: 17/04/2014 19:57:08