Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Just another item I have It's a back wheel disc brake system that I use comes with the caliper disc a new axle bearing (not shown)and the sleeve ..All you need to do is to fix it to the frame ????
Not easy to fit though ...I use a alloy plate bolted to the frame

The second photo shows different size disc

Here it is fitted to one of my 24 volt C5s

posted on: 17/05/2013 12:23:38

Dan posted:

Would love to have one of these on my C5, it's fixing it to the frame that's beyond me
posted on: 19/05/2013 05:47:26

dave posted:

The brake mount is bolted to the alloy plate don't no how you could fit to the frame: ?
posted on: 19/05/2013 14:21:45

Dan posted:

Have you got one of these for sale Chas? And do you make/sell the alloy plate? Would be really good for my 24V. Can you make these disc brakes on the front wheel?
posted on: 24/07/2013 07:18:44

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi there I will get back to you later ...Bye Chas
posted on: 25/07/2013 07:47:27

Dan posted:

Hi there I will get back to you later ...Bye Chas

Thanks Chas, I'm after some other of your bits too: light switch bracket for 2 switches and mirror brackets, I think you made some clones of these a while ago.
posted on: 25/07/2013 12:31:31

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi Dan Regarding the mirror brackets I do not have any left sorry ..Regarding the switch brackets that I make have two slots in them one is slightly bigger than the other enabaling the indicator switch to fit in ..Can you let me know what you want one for ... I do make the alloy plate myself but it has to be cut out so the sprocket + the brake disc fits in as you can see in the photo Also you will have to make some small brackets to hold the caliper in place .And before fitting you will have to take off and renew the axle bearing (new bearing comes with the kit) But if you want to go ahead and have a go I can help you ...Bye Chas
posted on: 28/07/2013 07:06:51

Dan posted:

[quote=SINCLAIR C5 CHAS;809]Hi Dan Regarding the mirror brackets I do not have any left sorry [/quote]

Ah okay, no probs I've listed the mirrors on ebay anyway as I've now got another set with brackets.

[quote=SINCLAIR C5 CHAS;809]Regarding the switch brackets that I make have two slots in them one is slightly bigger than the other enabaling the indicator switch to fit in ..Can you let me know what you want one for ...[/quote]

I've done my 24v touchscreen and to make it work I've got 2 separate switches, one for the uni-8 (24v) and the other for my touchscreen circuits (12v) and I'd like to be able to turn them on/off separately so you're brackets would be perfect.  They're just normal sized switches as used for the normal c5 lights.

[quote=SINCLAIR C5 CHAS;809]I do make the alloy plate myself but it has to be cut out so the sprocket + the brake disc fits in as you can see in the photo Also you will have to make some small brackets to hold the caliper in place .And before fitting you will have to take off and renew the axle bearing (new bearing comes with the kit) But if you want to go ahead and have a go I can help you ...Bye Chas [/quote]

If you could sell me the plate that would be great, I'm not very good at metalwork Is it easy to remove the bearing/put it back on, would you give instructions? I will certainly give it a go can you give me the price?

Thanks!

Dan
posted on: 28/07/2013 20:06:30

dave posted:

Dan I'm thinking of putting 2 on / off buttons on the lcd pruject box to turn uni 8 and screen off and on
posted on: 28/07/2013 20:17:21

Dan posted:

Dan I'm thinking of putting 2 on / off buttons on the lcd pruject box to turn uni 8 and screen off and on

Yeah you could do that I just thought it better to put them where the light switch is. Will be interesting to see yours if you do put them on the box.
posted on: 30/07/2013 17:03:31

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi there Dan I could sell you a plate no problem but you would have to cut the holes out for the sprocket and the brake disc + the holes to make it lighter and cooler ..Regarding replacing the bearing they are tight and hard to remove you will need to get someone to push it off ,push the new one on ...Bye Chas
posted on: 30/07/2013 18:22:31

dave posted:

Going to have ago at this 1
posted on: 31/08/2013 14:19:31