Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

simon.carter.564 posted:

Hi. Thank you for looking. Just turned the ignition on. Now the left side of the pod just flashes all the left side , relay clicks. No power to motor. Ideas reAlly appreciated. Thank you
posted on: 07/03/2014 20:51:34

Dan posted:

[quote=simon.carter.564;2755]Hi. Thank you for looking. Just turned the ignition on. Now the left side of the pod just flashes all the left side , relay clicks. No power to motor. Ideas reAlly appreciated. Thank you[/quote]

From the fact you say you hear the relay clicking suggests something is wrong with the motor. Have you tried connecting the motor directly to the battery?  It might be seized or it could be the brushes...
posted on: 08/03/2014 08:57:23

Poze posted:

Hello

Couple of things that may help

1) if the relay clicks, I would do what Dan suggests, basically (and at your own risk :) ) , Gently use a small screwdriver to hook out the motor brush braided wires, then gently pull up so that you are basically lifting the spring loaded Brush (which is attached to the end of the braided wire). You only need to pull it a bit and you will feel it pull out, then let go and it will spring back in. If you try this and the Brush dosent move, then its seized, so try some WD40 to lube/loosen it. The brush should easily spring up and down when pulled.
Do both brushes. If you WD40/lube them, then let them dry before applying lots of power. the WD40 will burn of after a few mins. I have had sticky brushes before and thats stopped the motor from spinning.

2) If the left side of the pod light flashes, it could be a fault in the pod or Control box. But a good think to check is the pod connector block (red wires go into it), The connector block gets corroded it, and on mine it was flashing. So I opened up the pod and connected the red loom connector to the Inside, the inside connections are long and clean, so they make a better connector. My pod stopped flashing and worked. So I brought a new connector and simply pulled of the red wires one by one of the old original connector and presed them into the new modern one (its a laptop/pc one). this then gave me a perfect electrical connection.

Thanks,
posted on: 15/04/2014 20:57:19