Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

Doc Holliday posted:

Hi,
because of salty wintertime here we have disconnected my C5. we found the frame had light rust on it and decided to clean and repaint it.
i thought about there´s maybe rust inside the frame and because of a test from the biggest oldtimer magazine here in germany (they did the test over many years) choose to fill the best body-cavity sealing in that is possible to do yourself.

it´s this:

http://mike.british-cars.de/rustprevention.htm

i have an old electric chip pan to heat it up and use a hair dryer to warm the frame - so it can get everywhere

maybe the C5 last longer than me then, . . . .

bye doc
posted on: 04/12/2013 15:06:32

Dan posted:

Nice one Doc, thats something I should really do for mine.  I just cant bear having to pull it all apart again though
posted on: 07/12/2013 11:28:23

dave posted:

Electric chip pan ? Electric must be cheaper in germany mate I get told off for leaving the tv on lol
posted on: 07/12/2013 15:45:26

Doc Holliday posted:

an old one - destnation household trash but I saved it - good enough for those reasons
and cheaper than buy a new inductive one
Doc
posted on: 07/12/2013 22:26:18