Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

Dan posted:

I often spend a bit of time reading through the C5 related stuff on twitter and often see people posting pictures of C5's that they've spotted out and about.  This one cropped up today, not much detail as to where it was, only that it was "outside a post office":

Good to see people using the C5 as it was intended to be used
posted on: 14/11/2013 18:45:50

dave posted:

If it was sainsburys it might be me lol but I lock mine up when I go
posted on: 14/11/2013 20:08:00

Area51 posted:

It's not me it hasn't got any side panels lol

posted on: 14/11/2013 20:20:45

kamztrad posted:

Do you think it was Sir Clive himself !!??
posted on: 14/11/2013 22:48:17

derekw posted:

Just browsing through your site to find a picture of my sons C5, outside our local postoffice/mccolls store.
posted on: 16/01/2014 21:52:35

Dan posted:

Just browsing through your site to find a picture of my sons C5, outside our local postoffice/mccolls store.

Welcome to the website!

Yep that picture was found on Twitter, its always amazing that people find the C5 so fascinating, they need to take pictures and post them online
posted on: 17/01/2014 06:24:56

derekw posted:

Thanks Dan , I am really interested in those mirror brackets, so keep up the good work, could do with a couple of sets when ready.
As you probably realise we have 2 other C5's that are being restored at the moment, have had a few bits off Chas as well.
All very helpful, will post some pics when I get used to the site.
Derek
posted on: 17/01/2014 12:21:57

dave posted:

Hi Derek I got aset of metal ones for 19 quid off fleabay come on Daniel get them brackets
Sorted then you can start on the mirrors lol
posted on: 17/01/2014 12:58:51

Dan posted:

Thanks Dan , I am really interested in those mirror brackets, so keep up the good work, could do with a couple of sets when ready.
As you probably realise we have 2 other C5's that are being restored at the moment, have had a few bits off Chas as well.
All very helpful, will post some pics when I get used to the site.
Derek

Hi Derek,

Sure, they are nearly ready, I just need to get them tested then we should be ready to go. Look forward to the pics, we always like people posting pictures of their C5's

come on Daniel get them brackets
Sorted then you can start on the mirrors lol

Hi Dave,

I'm nearly there with the brackets. I'll have to get you to design the mirrors for me, put your CAD skills to good use. Here's the link if you have time to test:

http://www.c5owners.com/sinclair-c5-forum/topic/268/testing-the-wing-mirror-brackets
posted on: 17/01/2014 16:38:53

dantheref posted:

not me but i am always getting mentioned on twitter... i am near oxford...
posted on: 17/01/2014 22:03:01