Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

Dan posted:

It had to happen, I've been putting this off for a while, but now with Chas's very nicely done disc brake kit installed I needed to re-organise all the electronics that were in a large project box:

So with the new brake disc kit installed I decided to design a new box for all that electronic stuff that makes the x-pod work.  And here it is, looking not too dissimilar to a normal C5 control box, well it was best to make use of the holes in the chassis to attach the thing

The reed switch is mounted on the side of the brake disc braket and the magnet is glued to the wheel.

PS Chas, I've widened the bearing bracket by 1.75mm like you said.  I'll send some to you when I return the old wheel to you later in the week.
posted on: 06/11/2013 18:22:12

dave posted:

You got 1 to use with the pod 24 dan ?
posted on: 06/11/2013 22:59:27

kamztrad posted:

That is one cool looking x-pod control box!!!
posted on: 07/11/2013 12:36:47

Dan posted:

[quote=kamztrad;1711]That is one cool looking x-pod control box!!![/quote]

Thanks!

[quote]You got 1 to use with the pod 24 dan ?[/quote]

Just 12v at the moment.  Were you thinking of putting the uni-8 controller inside with the xpod pcb?
posted on: 07/11/2013 18:44:53

dave posted:

Thinking of putting it all behind the rear light mate ? It would need to be a bit bigger to put the uni in aswell
posted on: 07/11/2013 22:49:33