Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

Dan posted:

Strange question this, but has anyone ever mounted their battery in the boot? I'm curious as to how it would affect the c5 when using it with the weight in the boot rather than in the footwell, the handling/steering etc.

The battery isn't particularly heavy (7.5kg), it's just long and sticks out of the footwell quite a bit.  Then I could have smaller spares in the footwells or just have them empty.

Thanks!

Dan
posted on: 28/09/2013 20:13:36

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi I have no idea but you could put the battery in the boot and pedal the C5 with no battery connected up .Or if you have a smaller lighter battery you could connect it up and see how it goes (I may try it myself as I do have a very small 12v battery of a kids scooter) Will let you know how it goes ..
posted on: 28/09/2013 20:35:29

Dan posted:

Yep I've started moving the battery now to the boot, will give it a runaround tomorrow.  Just hope it doesn't fall off, will have to use those boot clips you gave me. What was the maximum weight for the boot anyway?  Couldn't have been much
posted on: 29/09/2013 14:08:39

dave posted:

Had a 24 cans of stella once in my boot it seem to be ok lol and didn't have boot clips on
posted on: 29/09/2013 17:22:54

Dan posted:

Here it is, I  cut a small square out of the back of the boot for the anderson connector to poke through:

Need to get a bit more foam for the front/back of it but its otherwise well protected.  It seems to drive well, now it looks like a pedal only c5
posted on: 30/09/2013 13:04:12

rekooh99 posted:

Where do you put your butties and thermos?
posted on: 06/10/2013 16:16:50

Dan posted:

[quote=rekooh99;1299]Where do you put your butties and thermos?[/quote]

Could just stick them on top of the battery, not sure, will figure something out
posted on: 06/10/2013 22:54:34

Jonatan posted:

What I am about to do, is add a big hard plastic platform to the rear of the C5 and attach flaps to the location where the Battery used to be. in these Flaps, I can cut speakers and then, the boot has basicly moved to the front...Still thinking about it though, got too many ideas! :-)
posted on: 11/12/2013 23:25:34