Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

Dan posted:

They'll never be as good as the originals or Chas's replacements, but here are some X-POD themed mud flaps:

I just need to paint the C5 shell Green and the whole X-POD theme will be complete
posted on: 27/09/2013 20:52:51

dave posted:

Black will be better and red x on mudflaps ?
posted on: 27/09/2013 22:14:44

Dan posted:

Black will be better and red x on mudflaps

Yeah I got some Red, though as I've done Green on the pod and lights thought it would be better to be Green.  It isn't just plain Green, it's glow in the dark Green
posted on: 28/09/2013 07:05:01

Poze posted:

Looks very good! Maybe fit them from the inside per factory fitment.
But i think these mudflaps look very nice.

Normally the plastic flaps should be quite flexible to,so they bend when you knock them (or put the C5 up onto its boot to say refit the chain for example) rather than snapping. I had a set once that were hard plastic and just snapped.

Good job!
posted on: 03/10/2013 22:04:16

Dan posted:

[quote=Poze;1253]Looks very good! Maybe fit them from the inside per factory fitment.
But i think these mudflaps look very nice.

Normally the plastic flaps should be quite flexible to,so they bend when you knock them (or put the C5 up onto its boot to say refit the chain for example) rather than snapping. I had a set once that were hard plastic and just snapped.

Good job![/quote]

Thanks for the comments!

Yep I've snapped one already lifting the c5 into the car and you're right they do not bend.  I think I will re-print them a bit thinner (1mm) then they are really flexible and the thickness doesn't really matter anyway with mud flaps.
posted on: 05/10/2013 11:46:26