Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

dave posted:

Hi guys bad news next door to me had there roof lifted on there shed last night and was on there shed roof at 12.30 trying to make it safe for her till I got home at 3 so I could sort it in daylight so I'm after a good cheap cctv system any ideas ? I don't want them **** aving my c5
posted on: 20/09/2013 19:04:14

Dan posted:

Don't know much about cctv, there must be cheap systems on ebay, maybe ones that can detect movement and email/message pictures to your phone, that sort of system exists I think.

Put the touch on them and put a pin on them Or add your own key switch/lock to them.
posted on: 20/09/2013 19:36:13

C5mick posted:

Dave
Makro or Maplins do a good CCTV, think the make is Swann. They are in the region of £250 can be set to motion and will send pictures to your smart phone.
I have a mobile alarm on my boat that rings me if an intruder enters my boat or contacts me if my bilge pump comes on, I can listen in if my mobile alarm rings me. I can also track the phone, they are silent and can be hidden from view. Ideal for sheds when you want to catch the bath taps in the act. A CCTV is ok if it warns you that there is an intruder, but not much use if they don't and the intruder cannot be recognised.
The swann CCTV can have upto 8 camera's attached.
Mick
posted on: 20/09/2013 22:08:12

C5mick posted:

I did see a c5 with an alarm fitted if you went anywhere near it then it bellowed STAND CLEAR and the horn sounded and hazards flashed, if it made enough noise it might act as a deterrent.
Not sure where to get this alarm but someone on here will point you in the right direction.
posted on: 20/09/2013 22:12:59

dave posted:

got a talking alarm from a motorbike that does that but can't seem to get it to work on stardard wiring so that might go on catnap the problem I've got theirs a big park at the back and I've already got a 7 foot fence up with barb wire on house alarm in shed and rape alarm on door ? Unless I get an other german shepard and leave that outside because bonnie is deaf I think or lazy ?
posted on: 21/09/2013 07:45:44

Dan posted:

You could buy a bunch of fake cameras, that'll put people off
posted on: 21/09/2013 11:38:26