Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

Jonatan posted:

Hi guys,
my first project has come - a lighting for the inside of my C5 Shell! I have been working on making my c5 look cooler and just scrubbed it, so it looks nice and clean. But thats essential on a good C5, so I came up with this. This is my C5 before conversion:

[img=http://picload.org/view/oalwlcg/image.jpg.html]C5 Tuning lights B[/img]

Now I added some neat LED Strips under the body shell:

[img=http://picload.org/view/oalwlcd/image.jpg.html]C5 Tuning lights A[/img]

This mod makes it look much cooler at night (even at day if its not too sunny), and does not give you the need to change any of the old electronics on the c5! It simply connects to your control pod and has a switch which is easy to alternate while driving. I can get different colored lights too, such as red, blue, white and the existing color green. Now, I used Chas Hazard light kit on the left side and kept the upper switch as the old switch, but put a new one at the bottom to connect to the lighting set. Now, this set does not do any harm to your c5. as it is mounted using sticky pads that attach to the surface of it and can easily be pulled off! Its really easy to fit too. Now, what I wanted to ask is if anyone would be interested in one of these sets. I dont know the final price yet, but I could check if anyone is interested. Maybe, upon request I could even make ones acording to your wishes, just reply and tell me if so. Now, just to let you know:

1: These are very bright LEDs and dont use much electricaty at all.
2: They are very hard to find under the side panels of the c5, as there is a small room where they fit (just enough for a good light anglee).
3: They do survive the rain, as they are under the side covers. As long as there is no water squirting up, they wont burn out.
4: The wires are conected through plugs that the other wires use to conect to any of the buttons.
5: If you want one, send me a request and I can make you one in 6 days, as long as there is no large amounts of requests.
6: I can add you more LED strips under the body, so they light up the floor.
7: Detailed instructions will be sent too, when you are in the stage of fitting them.

Thats it for now!
-Jonatan
posted on: 24/08/2013 17:21:20

dave posted:

Would look good on the touch
posted on: 24/08/2013 18:11:51

Jonatan posted:

Hi there,
as I said, I make some! Do you want a set? If you do, I can calculate the price.

Yours,
Jonatan
posted on: 24/08/2013 18:45:22

Dan posted:

[quote=Jonatan;970]Hi there,
as I said, I make some! Do you want a set? If you do, I can calculate the price.

Yours,
Jonatan
[/quote]

Welcome to the forum Jonatan!

Sorry, can't see the images in your post but, going off your avatar image, they look rather cool.

I'd be interested in a set of the same colour as your avatar pic. Do you just plug them into a 12v power source?

I have visions of controlling them with a PWM pin on the arduino and smoothly fading them in and out at random.  They look like something from the Alien film that colour
posted on: 24/08/2013 20:33:29

Jonatan posted:

Hi there,
was wondering if the pics were down or just my ipad unable to show them! Okay, now. I need to get new LEDs, so will get them next weekend. Usually, The LED strips are connected through a long wire, going to my disused lightswitch and these wire connect to the battery pins in the control box. Yet, if you plan to use an Arduino, do you actually need a switch? Also, do you need every side wired seperately or together? What do you want to pay for such a set? As far as I remember A strip x2 + wires and sticky pads, around 17 Euros? Is that fine or do you want me to look for the cheapest I can find? Also, you need shipping. Let me get back to you about that.

Now, do you need a button added or not, each side seperately? Or Is it too expensive?

Yours,
Jonatan
posted on: 24/08/2013 20:54:48

Dan posted:

[quote=Jonatan;972]Hi there,
was wondering if the pics were down or just my ipad unable to show them! Okay, now. I need to get new LEDs, so will get them next weekend. Usually, The LED strips are connected through a long wire, going to my disused lightswitch and these wire connect to the battery pins in the control box. Yet, if you plan to use an Arduino, do you actually need a switch? Also, do you need every side wired seperately or together? What do you want to pay for such a set? As far as I remember A strip x2 + wires and sticky pads, around 17 Euros? Is that fine or do you want me to look for the cheapest I can find? Also, you need shipping. Let me get back to you about that.

Now, do you need a button added or not, each side seperately? Or Is it too expensive?

Yours,
Jonatan
[/quote]

That sounds good.  No need to wire them to a switch/button I plan to hook them up to the arduino and use a button on the touchscreen to turn them on/off.  Sent you a PM anyway
posted on: 24/08/2013 21:03:35

Jonatan posted:

Hi there,
sorry for double posting, yet I can also get you Blue, Red and white. Also, you can have another strip to make your boot light up. That would be cool too! 24.50 Euros for 3 Strips and all of the wires. Also, I can make the front 2 Green and the boot blue if you like that! :-) Every strip has 14 LED As far as i know.

Tell me what you think!
Yours,
Jonatan
posted on: 24/08/2013 21:05:19

dave posted:

Dan get rid of the ipad and get yourselt a X POD
posted on: 24/08/2013 21:31:31

Jonatan posted:

Hello Guys,
Dan, your set is finished. I have wrapped it and its ready to send to you, please give me your postage adress. Here is the complete package:
[img=http://s18.postimg.org/6hxzbyv8p/image.jpg]Package [/img]

Thanks,
Jonatan
posted on: 31/08/2013 15:19:46

Dan posted:

Hi Jonatan,

Thanks for sending these to me, I just got round to fitting them today and they look great, even when it's not dark:

The aux. button on the touchscreen turns them on/off:

Thanks!

Dan
posted on: 08/09/2013 16:32:48

Jonatan posted:

Hi Dan,
thats great that your happy with them! :-) On your pics, they look really nice! Saving up and getting myself a C5 touch too! :-) Is there any detailed instructions of it and where can I get the board for it? :-) Do I need a ULA Chip too? I dont have a clue where to start and what to do... :-)

Yours,
Jonatan
posted on: 08/09/2013 19:59:31