Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

PhasMan posted:

I notice that a lot of users have stripped down, repaired and rebuild an entire C5.

A lot of people - myself included - are not up to that level yet.
So to avoid asking hundreds of questions and getting on everyones nerves, has anyone ever written a manual or idiots guide of a step by step process of stripping down, referb and re-assembally of a C5?

I think if someone could do this it would be a popular booklet for selling.

I'd be willing to pay someone to do such a booklet or manual for me.

posted on: 15/09/2015 16:00:41

PhasMan posted:

I have acquired a tatty 2nd C5 and would love to strip down, upgrade & refer and re-assemble sometime.
posted on: 15/09/2015 16:01:46

Ray1 posted:

I suggest what I and I guess scores of others have done; that is to use the SEARCH facility in this forum trying relevant words for the item you are working on and then read all you can about it. There are also videos on restoring; search Facebook. It worked for me with Chas and others answering specific questions readily. Even a very thick manual would still likely miss the one item you are stuck on.
Happy searching.
posted on: 15/09/2015 17:24:29

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi Ray have you checked my videos on YouTube

If not go to YouTube and search for my videos . JORDAN8ISH
Bye Chas
posted on: 15/09/2015 20:06:35

PhasMan posted:

Thanks, I know there is the info on the forums but it's all in different places and some of it is very technical for a beginner.
It will of course be very helpful and I appreciate everyones input.
Would be great though to have all the info in 1 place all together.

I'll go and check out your youtube vids Chas :-)
posted on: 15/09/2015 20:15:06

Karl posted:

If it's your first time then the following may be of some use to you, not only for C5s.

Obtain a sheet of 1" thick PVC, note pad, pen, double sided adhesive tape, black marker, and a camera.

Before performing any operation take a photo, with complicated assemblies make notes on the pad. Screws and pins can be pushed into the PVC and identified with the marker. Glue some double sided adhesive tape to the PVC sheet, this is for nuts, washers, etc, don't forget to identify the items.

Reassembly, together with the notes, photos, and videos, should then be a piece of cake.

Av phun.

P.S. This is only of help to you as long as none of the previous owners have droped a cod somewhere down the line.
posted on: 16/09/2015 02:47:23

PhasMan posted:

Thanks karl, looks like I'm gonna be busy for a while :-)
posted on: 16/09/2015 08:30:26