Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

robshaw posted:

Hi. My names Rob and I've just bought my first C5.
I've always had a soft spot for these things since I was a kid and saw them on tomorrow's world. Last weekend I bumped into the c5alive boys in margate and realised then that I had to have one.
3 days later I am the proud owner of a really good nick c5. Came with all the original paperwork including the receipt from 1985 from Comet! Had been in the same family for its whole life. Only drawback is its a non runner. I stil had a good feeling about it though. I got it home and charged the battery. Sure enough it was totally dead except for the front and back light.
On closer inspection I was happy to find that it had not been butchered in anyway and was a nice honest clean example. First thing I have found is there's no 5v supply from the the main control box. I have now ordered a replacement voltage regulator L7805 from eBay. Fingers crossed, once I install that it will come back to life....
I'm having trouble uploading images from my phone onto here but will get some up later when a my pc.
Will no doubt be picking your brains very soon but also hope to be able to share my experiences to help others in the future.
Cheers.
posted on: 06/09/2015 07:05:31

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi there Rob welcome to the forum
posted on: 06/09/2015 11:18:40

dave posted:

Hi and welcome
posted on: 06/09/2015 16:20:24