Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

Dan posted:

I haven't had a C5 project for a while so will try to restore a C5 we picked up yesterday. The C5 has never been used apparently and is a late October 1985 model. Hopefully it will come out looking alright: First up is a good clean and will try and get the front back into shape
posted on: 02/08/2015 10:52:56

leylandmonster posted:

Good Luck Dan! I'm looking after/restoring 4 of em with my other half. Will be interesting to see how you bend that front back
posted on: 02/08/2015 11:35:50

Karl posted:

Hi Dan,

good buy/find. You shouldn't have much of a problem seeig as it wasn't on the road, maybe sticking brushes, but mine worked OK from the start after the best part of 30 years.

Av phun.

Karl.
posted on: 02/08/2015 14:50:07

Dan posted:

Hi Leylandmonster, I used some pieces of wood to help force the plastic back into shape. A couple of weeks like that should be good enough.
posted on: 02/08/2015 20:34:00

Dan posted:

Thanks Karl, yeah it does look like it was never used so hopefully there won't be any issues. We shall see
posted on: 02/08/2015 20:34:51

Dan posted:

Have cleaned it a bit. Just need to get hold of some rust cure and paint for the chassis then we'll take it fully apart. A couple of slight negatives about this C5, the red light has a large chip on the top of it, the front of the shell has a couple of deep scratches, and its missing its front wheel cover.
posted on: 02/08/2015 20:39:06