Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

micklezzz posted:

Hello everyone I have just joined this forum, my c5 was a runner up until about a month ago the battery discharged and was left, now with a new battery in place all that happens when switched on and the handlebar switch pushed is a werring noise from the control box has any one got any idea of what I need to get or do to rectify. Thanks.
posted on: 30/04/2015 21:13:47

Karl posted:

Hi Mickle,

did you by any chance connect the battery the wrong way round, i.e. plus lead the negative pole and negative lead to plus pole?
posted on: 01/05/2015 03:34:45

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi can you disconect the motor leads and check if the motor is running ok
Chas
posted on: 01/05/2015 06:16:42

micklezzz posted:

Motor running fine when wired direct to 12 volt, New control box fitted and still nothing all pod lights come on but the 4 central ones on the left are flashing, Front and rear lights working, Battery fully charged. motor front switch is dead and no noise from relay.any help please.
thanks.
posted on: 12/06/2015 13:30:34

micklezzz posted:

Motor running fine when wired direct to 12 volt, New control box fitted and still nothing all pod lights come on but the 4 central ones on the left are flashing, Front and rear lights working, Battery fully charged. motor front switch is dead and no noise from relay. Could the relay be connected wrong? any help please.
thanks.
posted on: 12/06/2015 13:32:09

Karl posted:

Hi Mickle,

When you connected the new CB did you reconnect the thermal cutout and thermistor cables correctly?

The thermal cutout has two orange wires, and connects to pins 4 and 5 on X6 (on X6 there is provision for pin 3 but it is not fitted). The thermistor has grey/purple wires, and is connected to pins 1 and 2 on X6.

Last question for the moment. Do you have a multimeter?

Cheers.

Karl.

posted on: 12/06/2015 13:58:06

micklezzz posted:

Hi Yes thermal cutout an thermistor cables fitted back as you have said. Unfortunatly I have not got a multimeter
Mike
posted on: 12/06/2015 20:52:10

Karl posted:

Hi Mickle,

without a multimeter, or someone who has a multimeter, it will be next to impossible to check out the circuit.

The only other thing you can do is to remove the pod and send it to someone who can check it out for you. Seeing as I live in Germany it's a bit impractical to send it to me.

This can eliminate the pod if it's working, but items such as the thermistor, thermal cutout, motor switch. cables etc, could be the problem.

Cheers.

Karl.
posted on: 13/06/2015 11:41:32