Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

Markysan posted:

Hello folks,

Just wanted to say hello. I bought a 'stripped and important parts have been sold on' project ie all the important stuff is missing lol

However, I'm trying to buy a complete one for a slightly higher than I'd like price just to see exactly what's missing? Then good old Blue Peter fashion start the healing process. that's the theory any way.

Look forward to adding some of my often insightful yet clueless posts along the way lol
posted on: 20/02/2015 11:34:45

Dan posted:

Hi and Welcome to the forum Sounds like you have a bit of a job getting it going with the essential parts missing. Let us know if you need anything
posted on: 20/02/2015 19:50:06

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi there welcome to the site any help you need just ask
I've got a few Videos on YouTube that may help

Checkout videos JORDAN8ISH

Bye Chas
posted on: 20/02/2015 20:22:43

Markysan posted:

Thanks guys.

I've decided against the original one. So instead I'm heading to Portsmouth from Glasgow (900 mile round trip) on Saturday to pick one up with all the bits. Just needs recommissioning 👍

Currently getting some indicators from Ray as well, so I'm on my way.... almost lol
posted on: 24/02/2015 13:00:04

jockywilson11 posted:

Now that's a voyage - I'm "only" in Aberdeen - lol
posted on: 24/02/2015 15:32:09

Area51 posted:

That's dedication
posted on: 24/02/2015 18:00:51

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi there if on the way back you are welcome to have a brake at our house tea or coffee included I could have a quick look at you C5 ....
We live ne'er juction 26 on the M1
Bye Chas
posted on: 24/02/2015 18:09:48

Markysan posted:

Hello folks,

Well - returned after my journey. Got my new C5 all in one piece. It basically needs recommissioning of the usual problem - rust on Y frame, tyres, belt, chain, brakes, electrics checks, change terminals etc etc - but it was worth the drive and meeting nice folks. The good thing is my original one I got for very check the Y frame was restored, so I can use that worst care, or simply restore the original.

I'm very pleased with it. Nothing missing - the chap even found the original tool box that want in the advert. So, ordered lots of new bits, and lots more still to get.

Happy days :)
posted on: 01/03/2015 22:29:54

Karl posted:

Hi,

now that's what I call a labour of love, but from the photo it looks good.

All the best with the newun.

Av phun.
posted on: 02/03/2015 01:11:22

Markysan posted:

Thanks Karl. It's a good start from where I was with the other one. Really looking forward to it. Also my old work colleague mailed me to say he had got one as well. So atleast I won't be in Glasgow lol
posted on: 02/03/2015 12:35:34