Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

Karl posted:

This refers to the sinclairc5.com documentation, also available at C5Alive.

I want to use a CB board to make up some test equipment for my Pedelec conversion. I took a damaged CB board and intended to repair it for this use. I found that the land from X12 was burned out, so I bridged the gap with a piece of wire. To ensure the repair was correct I referred to the CB circuit diagram (C5-UnofficialServiceManual, Page 24, Fig. 4), X12 is connected to pin 5 of X6. I conducted a continuity check only to find no reading, I redid the work and still had no reading.](*,) ](*,) I then traced the land from X12 and found it was connected to pin 6 on X8. According to the circuit diagram X8 pin 6 is connected to X13.[woot] [woot]

At this point I decided to check the complete circuit diagram against the board, and this is what I found.

On the circuit diagram
X12 and X13 are transposed
X6 pins 1 and 2 are transposed.

These discrepancies have no effect on the CB's function, but messes you up when trying to trace faults.

Further discrepancies can be found in:

Page 25 'Reliability'
'Instrument pod'
"Connect a 47 K resistor in series with the track from X1 pin 6 to IC1 pin 3."

Page 27 'Known Problems with the C5'
Article '4'
"The robustness of the pod can be increased by fitting a resistor of value 10 K Ohms in the lead feeding pin 6."

Why, when a 47 K resistor should be fitted, or is the 47 K an inaccurate value.
posted on: 30/12/2014 21:31:34