Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

simon.carter.564 posted:

Today my C5 blasted into life, I felt like a kid at Christmas hearing that Wurrr that I have never heard before (I'm I was born in '82 I have always loved cars. I even sell them for a living now, this was the first "car" I ever wanted. - so, after years of searching for the "right one" in a realistic location I bought a non-runner. And after getting great help and advice from this site my C5 aka "Clive" lives to ride another 28 years

It has been a really great day. I feel elated - I couldn't drive it today as I am waiting for a chain tensioner and new battery - tested him today using my company car with jump leads (car was not running)

Due to the cold weather, me not having a garage currently and due to having an understanding wife my C5 was repaired indoors (see photo)

Also. Does anyone know where the name "C5" came from? I named mine after the "man who had a brilliant idea 20 years too early" Sir Clive Sinclair. Shortened to just "Clive". Then I thought. "C5live". Was that the inspiration for the name? Or am I just reading too much into this?

Thank you.

Great day, thank youth everyone who has helped me so far
posted on: 26/02/2014 19:36:24

Dan posted:

Nice one, it looks great You're lucky, most of us are not allowed a C5 in the house

As for the name, I had the same conversation with a friend last week about the name "C5". I myself do not know but we guessed it may be: the "C" from Clive.  Clive rhymes with 5 There are 5 letters in "Clive". Anybody else out there with some ideas why it was called "C5"
posted on: 26/02/2014 20:31:34

simon.carter.564 posted:

Yeah. I'm "not allowed " either buy she who must usually be obeyed is angling for a horsebox/aka another vehicle to tax, service, mot and insure. Yippee so I dangled the carrot about buying her one. She and her brother helped lift it in - result!

I will have to buy her one soon, but I currently have a great excuse. She knows I detest Renaults, and the only 3.5t box with a low floor is a Renault/vauxhall partnership. - "you're not having a Renault love, you know I hate them x"

I researched the C5 name and came across Sir Clive's plans for a bigger C10 and C15 after the "success" of the C5

Also. Does anyone know how many c5s are left in the Uk? With a car / bike you can go to howmanyleft.co.uk no reg on my c5 so I've no idea
posted on: 26/02/2014 21:00:10