Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

shadowfax211 posted:

I've just discovered the C5 on Youtube, thanks to eevblog. Does anyone know of one in the US? I've searched ebay, craigslist, and a myriad of other sources. I'm looking for one to buy, or someone who has a frame and someone who has a body, so I can build one up if need be. Sorry, but I can't pay hundreds of pounds to have one freighted from across the pond. :( Thank you for helping me out!
posted on: 01/08/2013 02:08:58

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi there welcome to the site ...Regarding buying a C5 they are for sale in the UK on Ebay the problem for you is the shipping ...Also building one up from parts would cost a lot more ..I am always restoring and selling C5s.
Take a look at my Videos on YOUTUBE user name of JORDAN8ISH ..Bye Chas
posted on: 01/08/2013 07:18:44

Dan posted:

[quote=shadowfax211;843]I've just discovered the C5 on Youtube, thanks to eevblog. Does anyone know of one in the US? I've searched ebay, craigslist, and a myriad of other sources. I'm looking for one to buy, or someone who has a frame and someone who has a body, so I can build one up if need be. Sorry, but I can't pay hundreds of pounds to have one freighted from across the pond. :( Thank you for helping me out![/quote]

Welcome to the Forum!  I think you're our first member in the US

Chas is right about the cost of building one up from scratch being a lot more expensive, I've got a shell and chassis in the garage doing nothing but shipping them would be too much.

I guess if the shipping is too much it's just a case of keeping an eye on ebay or the other sites for any that may turn up.

Sorry I can't help you, I doubt many C5's ended up in the US, but you never know...
posted on: 03/08/2013 19:21:01

shadowfax211 posted:

Well, thanks anyways, guys :) If anyone hears of it, please post here!
posted on: 04/08/2013 19:40:19

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi I have been on a few sites regarding the shipping and I hope you sitting down ..The cost is round about 6/7 hundred pounds ....far to much ...bye Chas
posted on: 05/08/2013 10:10:06