Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

Deano posted:

Hi,

Me and my C5 go back a long way. I was a kid go the 80's and had a ZX81 and later graduated to a Spectrum. I lusted after the C5 when it was launched and sent off for the information pack... treasured for years, but long gone.

We chanced across the C5 abandoned wen I was about 17 years old. It belonged to a friend of my fathers... My dad had something he desperately wanted and a deal was done.

Various repairs were needed, and a battery required. After a bit of hunting, all the C5 spares were located in a Hover warehouse on Bury Road, Bolton. A day out on the train was planned and all the required parts were purchased across the counter. These included a battery, battery carrying strap, a high viz mast and a few rubber bungs and parts. I so wish I had the foresight to buy more parts whilst they were available.

The C5 was pressed into various roles.... but generally only high days and holidays. The acquisition of a few 1950's Cyclemotors provided faster transport to VIth form college and a much greater range.

30 years later, the C5 is still with me.... tested a few years ago and all well.... a certain young person in the household turns 14 this June and feels it is her right to have access to powered transport. So a resurrection is on its way.

Incidentally I run an electric car racing team for the kids at the school I work at..... very C5 like, but at speeds around 30mph.....

http://www.scoobyracing.co.uk

I hope to post some pictures later when it is disembowelled from the depths of the garage...

Deano
posted on: 08/02/2016 22:58:05

dadandjames posted:

Hi deano

Another Befordshire c5 thats great. Welcome to the forum.
My lad is involved with Redbourne racing. He is well impressed with your scooby.

Martin
posted on: 09/02/2016 19:02:45

Deano posted:

It's a small world...... I did see a C5 in St Neots a few years back... close to Ernaulf school. Couldn't stop though...

Scooby has had a baby!! We now have Scooby Too.

Forgot to mention. I also have a brand new in the box Sinclair Zeta 2. I may get round to fitting it to my bike one day.
posted on: 09/02/2016 19:51:59

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi there welcome to the forum any help wanted just ask
Bye Chas
posted on: 09/02/2016 21:34:44

Karl posted:

Hi Deano,

welcome to the forum, and hope to see some photos of your C5 not only in pieces but also when completed.

With reference to the Scooby photo. If that is a regular size helmet where does the rest of the body go?

Cheers.

Karl.

posted on: 09/02/2016 21:52:13

Deano posted:

It is a regular helmet, but the photo is taken with a very long lens so makes the car look shorter then it actually is. It is school kids building and racing so they are fairly short to begin with.
posted on: 09/02/2016 22:07:04