Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

reality404 posted:

Hello from Sussex.

I have wanted a Sinclair C5 since I was a child. I fell ill 6 years ago after just starting college and have been out of Education since. I’m very dyslexic and was given a laptop to help with school when I was around 12. That laptop got me obsessed with Computers which lead me to start tinkering with Electronics. I’m going to start an Open University course at the end of the year and wanted a project to do in the mean time so I bought a Sinclair C5 to restore off ebay and maybe convert to 24 volts.

I was able to get the Sinclair C5 running after replacing the D1 diode and doing the 47K resistor ULA modification and the LM358 5V modification. I took it round the village for a test run and it struggled to get up a small hill and overheated once I got home. I’m now sure that I want to convert it to 24 volts to help with getting up hills.

Thanks
reality404
posted on: 26/05/2014 12:14:22

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi there welcome to the site if you want any help just ask
Bye Chas
posted on: 26/05/2014 14:09:15