Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

Theojw71 posted:

Hi, looking for the 24v wiring or full kit described in the C5Alive downloads section. Does anyone know where I can get hold of the wiring? the rest looks like it is for sale on 4qd website.
posted on: 04/05/2014 23:07:56

Dan posted:

Hi,

Yep you wont find the c5alive 24v kit on this website or on theirs for that matter  I think they stopped selling it due to it needed to be used with care. i.e. accelerating too quickly would disintegrate the gearbox.

The mod itself is fairly simple and involves the uni8 controller, a decent PC cooling fan for the motor and a bunch of wiring, I haven't used the c5alive one myself but have done a 24v conversion with a uni8. The one I did used the touchscreen so the wiring I used won't be much use to you.

If I recall there are modifications needed to the control box and pod if you wanted to continue using them at 24V.

Thanks!

Dan

posted on: 05/05/2014 07:05:54

dave posted:

Hi and welcome you could always ask chas he made me 1 a while ago
posted on: 05/05/2014 11:23:00